Sales and Marketing Manager
Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo
The Tattoo is currently seeking a full-time Sales and Marketing Manager to lead the marketing and sales activities of the Tattoo and its related programming. This position will support the vision and strategic goals of the organization and creative energy and enthusiasm is a must!
Working closely with the Managing Director and leading a small team of marketing associates and summer interns, the Sales and Marketing Manager will be responsible for leading the planning, development, and implementation of all Tattoo marketing, communications, and public relation activities. The role requires a self-motivated, creative thinker and most importantly, someone who thrives in the challenge of a busy, non-profit environment. Candidates with experience in patron engagement and retention, box office sales and special event marketing would be considered an asset.
The Sales and Marketing Manager will:
- Lead the development, execution, and evaluation of annual marketing and sales plan(s)
- Develop and manage the annual marketing budget, in conjunction with the Director of Finance
- Establish strategic partnerships that support the Tattoo’s organizational goals
- Develop media releases and launch and create close partnerships with members of the media
- Execute all media buys, creative copy and related ad designs
- Provide annual reports to government funders, sponsors, and other major partners
- Manage the design and distribution of high-quality print and electronic collateral
- Lead the strategy and generation of engaging digital content
- Identify advertising sales opportunities with the objective of increasing Tattoo revenues (via onsite, web, playbill and big screen ad sales)
- Develop, execute, and analyze annual patron survey
- Manage the Board Marketing and Communications Committee
- Assist development staff with fundraising appeals and special events. Provide research and preparation of government grants.
Our ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the areas of marketing and communications with 3 to 5+ years of industry experience.
You have a passion for the communities, culture and heritage sector and want to support the Tattoo in our mission to honour and celebrate the Canadian Armed Forces. You know our success relies on retaining and growing our audience and establishing excellent relationship with major partners.
How to apply
You’re a marketer! Make yourself stand out from the competition but also send a resume, covering letter and salary expectations to:
Attn: Jennie King
Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo 10 Morris Drive, Unit 6
The Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo is a major world-class music and cultural event that recognizes Canada’s history and debt to the Canadian Armed Forces and Royal Canadian Mounted Police; attracts tourists; educates youth; and stimulates Canadian patriotism. This festival attracts 50,000 attendees annually and is the world’s largest annual indoor show.